Credit Union Procedures for Visa Card Compromises:
If the Credit Union is notified of a Merchant data breach involving member Visa Debit Cards and/or Credit Cards, the Credit Union will take the following action:
- Letters will be mailed to all members whose cards have been compromised.
- New cards will be issued immediately for all affected members.
- New Cards should arrive within 10 business days.
- Pin numbers for new cards usually arrive a few days after the card is received (Pin numbers are not required in order to activate the new card, so please activate the card immediately upon arrival).
- The member’s current card will be blocked & closed 15 days after the new card has been ordered.
- Members should monitor their accounts for any unusual activity until their new cards arrive.
- Once a member receives their new card, we require that he or she activate the card immediately because their compromised card will be blocked and closed 15 days after the new card’s order date (This applies even if the old card is still active and being used by the member).
Just a reminder: Members are not liable for any charges which may occur as a result of a card compromise.
If you have any questions concerning this matter, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-511-1120.