- Always inspect the ATM, gas pump, or credit card readers before using them. Be suspicious if you see anything loose, crooked, or damaged, or if you notice scratches or adhesive/tape residue.
- When entering your PIN, block the keypad with your other hand to prevent possible hidden cameras from recording your number.
- If possible, use an ATM at an inside location (these tend to be less accessible for criminals to install skimmers).
- Be careful of ATMs in tourist areas or gas stations. They are a popular target of skimmers.
- If your card is not returned after the transaction or after hitting “cancel,” immediately contact your credit union!
- If you notice anyone acting suspiciously around an ATM (loitering, watching people use it, messing with parts, etc.), please inform the institution immediately
Please, never provide personal information in response to phone calls or SMS texts. All login credentials, PINs, and other security codes should not be shared with anyone. Credit Union staff will not ask for this information.